Transdev School Bus Safety Poster Competition 2020
Transdev Melbourne is calling on budding artists in Years 5-8 to create a poster promoting safe travel on buses.
Create an original poster featuring a bus safety message for your chance to win some fantastic prizes!
Competition opens 17 August 2020 and closes 5pm Friday 25 September 2020.
Transdev Melbourne staff will review the entries and select winning entries in two categories:
Years 5-6 and Years 7-8.
Complete the application form below and upload your safety poster to enter.
Can I enter?
To enter you must be enrolled in Years 5, 6, 7 or 8.
Children of Transdev Melbourne employees are not permitted to enter.
What can I win?
1st prize: Nintendo Switch gaming console
2nd prize: $150 Dymocks voucher
3rd prize: $50 Riot Art & Craft voucher
Drivers' Choice Award: $25 Smiggle voucher
Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Year 5 & 6 students and Year 7 & 8 students. Winners will be announced in October.
What should I include on my poster?
There are a number of ways you can stay safe on board and around buses. You can choose your own safety message or use one of the following suggestions as inspiration for your poster.
When designing you poster you should also think what will get other passengers attention or ensure they read it.
- Holding on when standing up or taking a seat to avoid slips and falls
- Being aware of other passengers and keeping aisles clear of school bags
- Ensure the driver is able to do their job by not distracting the driver when the bus is moving, having quiet conversations and not playing loud music
- Being alert around roads and bus stops
- Hailing the bus and alerting drivers in advance of your stop
- Hygiene when travelling on buses (social distancing where possible, coughing into arm, disposing of tissues, not travelling when unwell, washing/sanitising hands)
How will my poster be judged?
- Entries must be A4 or A3 portrait format
- Entries must be an original drawing and can be drawn using the following mediums – pencil, felt tip pen, water colour paints or crayons
- Your entry should demonstrate a clear safety message (ensure you spell correctly!) and include correct safety behavior (rather than what not to do)
- Your parent/guardian must give you permission to enter and tick the box in the entry form below
- Must include a hand drawn Transdev logo
- Originality of design or innovative concepts (think what will get other passengers attention or ensure they read it)
- How well the poster conveys safety issues
Terms and conditions
View competition terms and conditions of entry before submitting your entry.
Submit your poster
We know you have put a lot time and effort into your poster, so be sure your poster looks its best in your photo.
- Ensure your drawings can be seen easily and any writing can be read
- Make sure you read how your poster will be judged and have met ALL the criteria listed above
- We recommend taking a close up photo of your poster so it fills the whole photo
- Try to take your photo in a well lit place and check that the photo isn't blurry before uploading