Like all organisations, we are closely monitoring the Victorian Government’s information and advice relating to Coronavirus, including making changes to our operation to protect our people and our customers.
We have undertaken the following actions:
- Appointed a dedicated Coordinating Officer to oversee Transdev Melbourne’s response to Coronavirus
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation of all our buses, including “high touch areas” such as handrails and posts, grab straps, seat top handles, window ledges and bell presses
- Implemented social distancing measures through the creation of exclusion zones in the front sections of our buses and a trial of rear door boarding
- Encouraged passengers to top up their myki before they travel, reducing cash handling and maintaining social distancing between customers and drivers
- Provided frontline teams with additional support such as extra availability of sanitisers, customer contact protocols and tailored information and support as they work to keep our essential service running
- Encouraged passengers, where possible, to stagger their travel times to comply with social distancing measures
- Installed passenger information in buses about key behaviours to prevent the spread of Coronavirus
- Updated our annual leave policy to give our people peace of mind and help them make informed choices about taking leave, as well as introducing exclusion periods for those who choose to travel overseas
- Suspended all business travel and continue to provide remote or video-based communication alternatives where possible
The safety of our people, our customers and the community is our first priority and we continue to work with the Department of Transport, the Department of Health and Human Services and other stakeholders to help play our part in stopping the spread of the coronavirus.
We will continue to adapt our response as required as we navigate through this challenging time.
Find out more information on Coronavirus and how you can practice good hygiene on the network.