TRANSDEV HONOURED AT THE AUSTRALIAN SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Transdev Melbourne is delighted to announce that it was awarded Service Champion in the Service Excellence in a Large Business category of the 2016 Customer Service Institute of Australia Awards.
The awards recognise Australia’s top-performing organisations and individuals in the field of customer service. This is the first time Transdev Melbourne has entered the awards.
With a record number of applicants, Transdev Melbourne was also shortlisted for awards in two other categories:
- Customer Service Team of the Year
- Customer Service Project of the Year.
Transdev Melbourne Managing Director, Harry Wijers said he was delighted Transdev was recognised for its commitment to customer service.
“As a business, we are focused on transforming our operation so we can provide a more punctual and reliable service to our passengers,” said Mr Wijers.
“Our management team, myself included, regularly ride on our network so we can walk in the shoes of our passengers and frontline staff. This helps us understand what’s working and identify opportunities for improvement.
“We are also able to leverage Transdev’s considerable international expertise to strengthen our operation.”
Transdev was named Service Champion because of a suite of initiatives it has introduced to improve its service to its passengers such as the introduction of a centralised Operational Control Centre (OCC).
The OCC, which operates 24/7, has improved the coordination of Transdev’s on-road performance and provides better information to our passengers on service disruptions and better coordination of incident response.
“Initiatives such as the introduction of an OCC – a first for a bus business in Victoria – are helping us deliver a step change in customer service,” said Mr Wijers.
“I’m proud of how we are evolving as an organisation and of our commitment to innovation and excellence.”
Other recent key initiatives to improve customer service include:
- Receiving full certification against the International Customer Service Standard (ICSS: 2015–2020) with an excellent score, particularly for a first certification.
- Introduction of TomTom GPS tracking technology across our fleet. TomTom provides real time data on driver performance including information on braking, acceleration, turning and speed. This will improve safety, reduce fuel use and result in a better ride for passengers.
- Introduction of a new Disruption Management System which allows customers to register on our website to receive automatic travel updates via SMS or email.
- The roll-out of a comprehensive program of customer service training for our people.
- Improvements to our maintenance processes to improve the reliability of our fleet.
- Initiatives to improve passenger safety and accessibility on our network.
- In partnership with Public Transport Victoria, we have built two new state-of-the-art depots this year, with a third to be completed in early 2017. The depots have best in class safety and environmental features and will allow us to deliver a more efficient service for our passengers.